Medical Marijuana Insurance
Medical Marijuana Coverage from Reliable covers companies from seedling to stock. Also, vacant production facilities to fully operational facilities filled with plants and manufacturers’ finished products.
Hence, One of the primary risks that exist for this type of operation is fire, whether it’s the plants or the building or any type of property. Furthermore, exposures that exist are theft during manufacturing and during transit as well as a product recall.
Canada’s booming medical marijuana industry calls for evolved coverage. We recognize this at Reliable Insurance and we offer a comprehensive coverage solution designed to address the vast spectrum of exposures that manufacturers face.
If you have legal Medical Marijuana business operations, we can provide you with insurance coverage for items.
- Premises Liability,
- Products Liability,
- Building and Equipment.
We offer Medical Marijuana Insurance to all Legal Cultivation Operations and related businesses in Ontario. Also, in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick.
As one of the first brokers in Ontario to specialize in providing coverage for this rapidly evolving industry. We also have become very experienced in finding quality coverage that provides excellent value.
How do I get a quote for Medical Marijuana Insurance?
In order to provide Insurance Coverage for your Legal Medical Marijuana Growing Operations, you must be in compliance with all Health Canada Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR).
To obtain an Marijuana Insurance quote please Contact Us. We will contact you within 1 business day.
We provide best in class coverage and value for the following Medical Marijuana classes:
- Commercial Medical Marijuana Insurance
- Commercial Medical Marijuana Cultivation Facilities (ACMPR Approved)
- Mail-order Medical Marijuana Sales (ACMPR Approved)
- Laboratory Medical Marijuana Testing and Quality Control
- Medical Marijuana Dispensaries
- All other Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR) related businesses
- Landlords of buildings occupied by medical marijuana cultivation facilities or related businesses
- Remediated Grow-Op Properties
- Home Insurance for individuals authorized by Health Canada to grow for personal consumption
Whether you own or rent a commercial space used to legally cultivate and package marijuana, we provide Insurance coverage for Buildings and Equipment. We can also cover Extra Expenses (Related to setting up your operation at a new location while repairs are made due to an insured claim), as well as coverages such as Sewer Back up and Earthquake. Coverages for your buildings and equipment include fire, theft, vandalism, and water damage.
We will tailor a plan that is suited for your operation. Some of the coverages we can provide are:
- Premises liability (excluding products)
- Occurrence form
- Coverage for commercial producers licensed under Part 1 of Health Canada’s ACMPR (Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations)
- No restrictions for extracts based on THC concentration intended consumption method or extraction method
- Monoline or packaged with premises GL
- Coverage for buildings, equipment, tenant’s improvements, stock, business income, and extra expenses
- Coverage for all types of stock in various phases of production, including finished stock, growing plants, equipment, and components
- Equipment breakdown available
- Property extension available for broadened coverage
- Safety and government triggered contamination policy for licensed marijuana producers in Canada
- Protection for the company’s balance sheet and their trading relationships
- Will satisfy contractual obligations passed down by regulators and customers
- Bespoke wording developed for the Canadian marijuana industry
- Costs covered include recall costs, replacement costs, rehabilitation expenses, business interruption, extortion monies, consultant costs, and pre-recall expenses
Cargo & Transit
- Broad coverage form on an all-perils basis including while in transit
- Available for grow facility owners or third party transportation services
- Standalone or packaged with on-premises stock coverage
Directors & Officers Liability
- Private & Public Directors & Officers Liability
- Designed to cover directors and officers in the volatile conditions of the medical marijuana marketplace
Cyber & Digital Liability
- Information security & systems breach for commercial medical marijuana producers
- Comprehensive coverage including privacy regulations, cyber extortion/ransom, cybercrime, brand protection, and Multimedia Liability